Dean of School of Nursing
The Haitian American Nurses Association of Florida, Inc. (HANA) is pleased to announce its 35th Annual Scholarship Fundraising Gala on April 13, 2019. HANA’s Education Committee is currently accepting applications from students for the 2019 Nursing Scholarship Awards. Eligible students will receive a one-time scholarship, which will be awarded during the Fundraising gala.
Criteria for applicants are as follows:
- The student must be of Haitian descent.
- The student must be already enrolled in a Nursing program.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. An official transcript must be submitted with the scholarship application.
- The student must submit a written essay of at least one page, describing the reasons why he or she has selected Nursing as a profession. The essay must be received no later than March 1st 2019 via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mail official transcript to HANA P.O. Box 695069, Miami, Florida, 33269.
- The student must commit to volunteer in at least 20 hours of HANA organized activities within 3 months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The student must be interviewed by HANA’s Education Committee to determine eligibility. Interviews will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 3:00 PM at MDC North Campus 11380 NW 27th Ave. Miami, FL 33167-3495, Building 4, Cafeteria.
Awards will be presented at HANA’s 35th Scholarships and Awards Gala, which will be held on Saturday, April 13th, 2019 at the Westin Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort 321 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida at 7:00 p.m.
Please share this information with the Nursing faculty to encourage qualify students to apply. Thank you for your assistance, and please feel free to contact us at (305) 609-7498.
Marsha Eloi, RN, BSN, CCM
President of HANA of Florida (2017-2019)